RE: Number one in text

Subject: RE: Number one in text
From: "Ashaki K. Hamlett" <ashaki -at- altair -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:59:35 -0500

Poster wrote:
What is the correct
way to render the number one in this sentence?

>From Microsoft Technical Publications, version 3.0:
Maintain consistency among categories of information; that is, if one
number in a category requires a numeral, use numerals for all numbers in
that category. When two numbers that refer to separate categories must
appear together, spell out one of them.

Based on the above rule, I would say the second choice is correct where
both numerals are used.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com