Re: techwr-l digest: November 06, 2005 - ISO Project 11

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: November 06, 2005 - ISO Project 11
From: wsfn <WSFN -at- rocketmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 05:43:58 -0800 (PST)

With that said, most standards (ISO or otherwise)
typically contain a training element - part of
the thinking that only someone qualified to a
certain extent can perform this work.
Unfortunately, all that means is that the
orgnaization qualifying for the standard must
state how these persons must be qualified. Just
like for developers, this typically means
"diploma, certification, experience" in some form
or another.

A positive move nonetheless.

Faye

> Subject: Re: Project 11: developing a new ISO
> standard for managers of user documentation.
> From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
> Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 09:59:47 -0800
>
> Project 11 is an initiative to develop an ISO
> standard for documents
> and the documentation process. It does not
> address skills or
> qualifications, only the finished product and
> how it is created.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com