RE: XML ---> HTML Help

Subject: RE: XML ---> HTML Help
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:17:51 +0100

Mike,

I'm using another DTD than DocBook, so I'll probably have someone write a stylesheet to transform the XML to HTML and then feed it into HTML Help Workshop.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

________________________________

From: bounce-techwr-l-148563 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com on behalf of Mike O.

Exactly. But I wrap all the steps up in a .bat file or script to make
it seem like one step. There is a specialized DocBook xsl stylesheet
for HTML Help that removes unnecessary elements and creates the
additional control files.

If you are already using DocBook, it's easy to add another output such
as .chm. But I wouldn't suggest using DocBook just to get .chm - there
are better ways, like RoboHelp or some other authoring tool.

Mike O.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com