RE: Documents on demand?

Subject: RE: Documents on demand?
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:49:36 +0100

Krista,

It would be quite easy to adapt the documentation management system I
use into a full-fledged document-on-demand system. Each publication I
generate from the system reads a configuration file that defines which
chapter, sections, paragraphs and images that should be included in that
publication. This configuration file is a simple XML file that I write
for each configuration but there's no reason why this XML file could not
be generated from a customer form on a web page. A feature could be
added that would e-mail the document to the client after the formatting.

Let me know if this is of interest and I'll send you contact details to
the vendor off-list.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager