Re: Replacement for Outlook

Subject: Re: Replacement for Outlook
From: "John McDermott" <jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 09:04:46 -0700

If you upgrade to Linux or run it in a virtual machine (VMWare, MS Virtual Server) you can use Evolution and Exchange Connecttor (from Novell, who bought Ximian). I understand the Exchange Connector works well -- I have only used Evolution without it. Both are free.

We use Outlook. Before I go and buy a copy of Outlook, dod anyone
know if there is an Open Source equiv to Outlook? I'd need as close a
replacement as I can get.

John McDermott, CCP
Writer, Educator, Consultant
jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com
V: +1 505/377-6293 F: +1 505/377-6313

project-based workflow. Try it today!

Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML Source: Author content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML editor. No proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit