Re: Rule of thumb for doc time based on development time?

Subject: Re: Rule of thumb for doc time based on development time?
From: Sankara R <ss_rajanala -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, Faith Weber - ESC <faithw -at- esystem -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 12:54:28 -0800 (PST)

Given 3-month time2market targets and 15day
iterations (sprints and hops and what have
you)...

> development spends ALOT of
> time on creating a truly inteligent feature
> with lots of analysis, it
> will probably take a short period of time to
> document it. OTOH, if
> they just slap it together, it is going to take

... likely they slap it together, and splash some
aftershave. No bandaid either.

Thus, 10 hours of dev time per one writer-hour.
If you work as a contractor, and do invoices and
all that, make it an hour and a half.

Thanks and regards,
Sankara S Rajanala
Citec Information