Re: Callouts in Graphics

Subject: Re: Callouts in Graphics
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:41:21 -0800

> Obviously many graphics will have to be re-done,
> but with the change to using XML, we will need to
> provide different image formats anyway, so we will
> have to touch all of our graphics regardless.

Bill asked:
Why would image format be affected by moving to XML?
+++

Our new XML process limits us to only a couple of
formats of image files, PNG and JPG for output to
HTML & PDF. Our FM process would not accept PNG files,
so we didn't create any, and we have few JPG files,
but mostly GIFs, and many graphics created with the
native FM drawing tools, so just about everything
needs to be redone.

CB

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.