RE: New Poll Question / Introduction

Subject: RE: New Poll Question / Introduction
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Clare Turner" <cturner -at- redflex -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:16:56 -0800

When I first started working out of college, I was the assistant to one
of my company's top sales/support people, a wonderful woman named Joy.
She and I supported a large corporation in downtown.

The IT director for that company was from South Africa. He was a nice
guy but very conservative and old-fashioned. When Joy first started as
the sales rep, she was working on something late one night and this
gentleman came out and asked her to type something for him! Joy looked
him right in the eye and said "I am a sales woman and engineer, *not* a
*typist*. Never ask me to do your clerical work *again*." He never did.

Joy told me this story, but I got it confirmed from other people in the
office. Most of them were completely intimidated by Joy, but I had a big
crush on her! Alas, at the time she was having an affair with the head
of sales at my company.

Boy those were odd days. I had to wear three-piece suits every day to
work. It was in Philadelphia, and in winter weather a three-piece suit
was often practical. I remember standing on the street corner waiting
for a trolley when the temperature was a balmy 0 degrees F.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.