Contracters - billing for driving time?

Subject: Contracters - billing for driving time?
From: rjstevenson -at- sprynet -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:40:27 -0500 (EST)

During my stint as a contracter this year I had some conversations with an acquaintance, a freelance graphic designer. He was horrified by the fact that I didn't bill for driving time. My reasoning was that so many companies seem to take it for granted that they have every right to insist on full-time office presence, if I tried to bill for driving time (living an hour+ outside the city, at that) I would never have any work.

What do you think?

Rebecca Stevenson

project-based workflow. Try it today!

proprietary editor! *August release.