Re: Usage

Subject: Re: Usage
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Kirk Turner <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:43:11 -0500

Kirk Turner wrote:

I'll spare you the preliminary apology for asking this question:
Is *Project Close Out* or *Project Closeout* correct? I see both, and I
have no style manual to settle this question. My dictionary doesn't
help, and I decided it was time to appeal to a higher authority. On
Goggle, Close Out gets 907M hits, and Closeout gets 24M. Does that mean
that Project Close Out wins or that a billion people CAN be wrong?

No, it means that closeout is a noun and close out is a verb phrase. You close out your inventory in an inventory closeout sale. So Project Closeout wins.

project-based workflow. Try it today!

Doc-To-Help 2005 now has RoboHelp Converter and HTML Source: Author content and configure Help in MS Word or any HTML editor. No proprietary editor! *August release.

or visit

Usage: From: Kirk Turner