Bookmarks not working in PDF when Word tracking is used.

Subject: Bookmarks not working in PDF when Word tracking is used.
From: "jackie digiovanni" <jmdigiovanni -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:31:08 -0500

Dear Techwr-l-ers,

I have a 300 page Word 2003 document with many cross-references, bookmarks,
and hyperlinks. The file is converted to PDF and distributed both on paper
and on a CD. I'm trying to figure out if I could use tracking in Word when
updating the document. I turned on tracking, made some changes, accepted the
changes, turned off tracking, converted to PDF using PDFMaker in Acrobat 7.
My cross-references (example: for more information, see page 123) are no
longer jumps and the pages in the TOC are no longer jumps.

I have failed using a variety of parameters under Change Conversion
Settings. The tracking feature in Word seems to be killing the jump feature
in the PDF.

This is a Windows XP OS if that makes a difference.

Has anyone had success with this? Would you kindly give me some pointers?

Jackie DiGiovanni
Technical Communications