Re: Most annoying word

Subject: Re: Most annoying word
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Martha J Davidson" <editrix -at- nemasys -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:18:39 -0800

I don't have this experience when I hear words, but it is how I remember
what I read. I don't remember sentences as strings of words, but as
images of written or printed text. I also can't spell worth a damn if I have
to recite the letters (as in a spelling bee), but if I write or type the spellings
I'm trying to choose between, as soon as I see them I know which one is
correct.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martha J Davidson" <editrix -at- nemasys -dot- com>

And some people--I'm one of them--actually do "see" the words spelled out when people talk. It's like there's a marquee inside my head, on the inner surface of my forehead, on which the words are projected when I hear words spoken. Including punctuation.