Re: Just what do I need to know about lotus Notes?

Subject: Re: Just what do I need to know about lotus Notes?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:49:02 -0500

I've always wondered why having prior knowledge
on using Lotus Notes is necessary. Is Notes so
complicated that no one except a seasoned Lotus
Notes veteran can do the job? Is it like a TS
clearance, where it costs thousands of dollars
and takes weeks or months to "get it" and even
then it's not certain? Why is it a requirement?

For that matter, why are other apparently
inconsequential things presented as requirements?
Is it because HR doesn't know how to measure other
abilities, like researching, clear writing, good
work organization?

Barry Campbell wrote:

On 3/2/06, DanG <dangarza -at- houston -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote:

I saw a job posting that required the usual suspects, Word, Excel, Visio,
PowerPoint, FrontPage, Adobe Acrobat
And then, Lotus Notes! I know nothing about Lotus Notes, why the heck would
the company throw a curve ball in there like that?

Um... because that's the messaging software they use in their enterprise?

Why does that seem like a curveball to you? I'm genuinely curious.