Format for standards

Subject: Format for standards
From: "Gildemeister, Sherrian" <Sherrian -dot- Gildemeister -at- sogeti -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:44:13 -0500

Hi, folks.

I've got a client who'd like me to polish up an internal standards document so that it follows the same basic format as the ANSI standards in terms of section titles and organization and so on.

I know the IETF standard for RFCs, but I don't know how these two formats differ, and I'd prefer to avoid paying out of pocket for a published standard just to peek at the TOC.

Can anyone let me know more about the standards that apply here?

Sherrian Gildemeister