RE: Recruiters without clues

Subject: RE: Recruiters without clues
From: Dave <bhutata -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:29:48 -0800 (PST)

> ----------------------------
> Arroxane wrote:
> Would you have responded to the recruiter? If so,
> how? Moreover, am I
> over-reacting?

I've had recruiters actually get angry and tell me off
for not being available to take a contract 4 hours
away. Another thing that drives me batty is when their
accent is so thick that I'm lucky to understand one
word out of every 10 or 20 they say on the phone. I'm
not trying to discriminate, but this gets to be a real
problem when effective communication is simply not
possible. I've studied TESOL and worked with a number
of non-native English speakers, but a few of the calls
I've had from recruiters have been virtually hopeless.

I ran into this again just last Friday. I tried to say
it would be better to communicate via email but she
didn't seem to understand what I was saying or simply
didn't want to cooperate that way, I honestly couldn't
understand well enough to be sure. She called back
several times and I tried to be polite and work with
the calls the best I was able. Don't get me wrong, I'm
very grateful to be getting calls, but it would help
if; A) I could understand at least a moderate amount
of what they're trying to say, and B) if they have
basic information about the contract, like what part
of a metro area it's in or what type of skills are
expected.

Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com