Creating "tabs" at edge of pages in Word 2003?

Subject: Creating "tabs" at edge of pages in Word 2003?
From: "Brigitte Johnston" <bjohnston -at- humantech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:05:44 -0500

Hi all -
Does anyone know if it's possible to create "tabs" that "bleed" off the edge of a page using Word 2003 (or do they not actually go off the edge of the page, and you just fudge it somehow)?  My page size is a custom size (4.5 wide x 7.15 high).  If it's possible to do, can you point me in the right direction?  Insert a "tab" graphic and make it part of the header for each chapter -- or something like that?  Or am I way off?  I can't seem to find anything in my Word 2003 Que book...or in the Help...
Brigitte Johnston
Tech. Writer/Editor
Humantech, Inc.


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today!.

Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: RE: Single-click jump-to link in Word
Next by Author: RE: DITA possible for start-up/lone writer?
Previous by Thread: Re: ClearCase and RoboHELP X5
Next by Thread: Re: Creating "tabs" at edge of pages in Word 2003?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads