Re: Interesting book on Management Consulting

Subject: Re: Interesting book on Management Consulting
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy -dot- skau -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Amanda <bluestreaker1977 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:02:06 +0530

> Rip-Off! - What's it all about? Read / buy the book
>
> Who are management consultants? What power do they have? How can they
> charge
> so many millions for their services? Do they really deliver any value? Why
> do organisations use them? How can some organisations pay tens of millions
> and even hundreds of millions of euros or dollars or pounds year after
> year
> to their favourite management consultancies?

Let's change the name of the profession and see how much sense it makes...

Who are technical communicators? What power do they have? How can they
charge
so much for their services? Do they really deliver any value? Why
do organisations use them?...

Replace management consultants with just about any other type of
professional.

The truth is: for every professional that does his tribe proud, there are
hundreds (maybe thousands or millions) out there who exploit the image
created by the successful.

A company that doesn't know what it's doing will hire a consultant who will
take it further down that river. I've noticed that suckers will discard
apples, grapes, mangoes, and any other fruit offered to them and pick the
lemon every time. It's a script thing.

I'd like to see a corporate adaptation of Eric Berne's 'Games People Play',
scripts, T-shirt slogans and all.

Edwin