Re: Terminology question

Subject: Re: Terminology question
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: JBlom -at- ricoh-europe -dot- com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:15:50 -0500

JBlom -at- ricoh-europe -dot- com wrote:

Hello all,
I am searching for a term and wondered if someone here has had a similar occurence.


My developer is calling these a "filter", which we both feel is wrong, but my
idea of "sieve" is slightly incorrect too, as each error is of the same weight inside the

Filter isn't bad, actually.

Free-associating, here are some other words that might prove useful in describing various aspects of this scheme:

group (in the mathematical sense)
set (ditto)
intersection (ditto)
association and distribution (as in the associative and distributive properties of group operators)

I need more coffee to come up with others, but that's a start.


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content delivery. Try it today!.
Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Terminology question: From: JBlom

Previous by Author: Re: Recruiters without clues
Next by Author: Re: Doc$ v. Dev$
Previous by Thread: Terminology question
Next by Thread: RE: Terminology question

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads