Re: RoboHelp and SourceSafe Question

Subject: Re: RoboHelp and SourceSafe Question
From: "Tara Charter" <tara -dot- charter -at- physiciansmutual -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:46:45 -0500

Have you checked out the source files, modified them, and then checked them back into SourceSafe? Have you tested the process of reading
the *.chm in the Development environment? RoboHELP should automate this process since it integrates with SourceSafe.

"A.H." wrote:

> Happy Friday,
>
> I've got a question about RoboHelp and SourceSafe, a
> version control database.
>
> We've got a product with an Access front end that
> makes reference to a .chm help file. We released a new
> version of the product but never changed that
> reference. We're going to release documentation for
> the new version but have to give the updated .chm the
> same name as the old file.
>
> Since not much has changed between versions, (the
> release was mostly a bug fix) I copied the old project
> and created a new directory. In RoboHelp, I created
> new folders for the new version. I import the old html
> files into designated folders in RoboHelp and when I
> edit those imported files, changes are made to the old
> files as well.
>
> I don't want to change what we have in our old
> version files, I just want ot start fresh with the new
> stuff. Any ideas about how I should go about this?
>
> Thanks,
> Anthony Hernandez

> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
> format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
> delivery. Try it today!. http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l
>
> Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that easy. Watch the demo at http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as tara -dot- charter -at- physiciansmutual -dot- com -dot-

> or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tara.charter%40physiciansmutual.com

> Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

This message and any attachments are confidential, may contain privileged
information, and are intended solely for the recipient named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for
delivery to the named recipient, you are notified that any review,
distribution, dissemination or copying is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, you should notify the sender by return
email and delete the message from your computer system.