RE: It's PIZZA FRIDAY!!

Subject: RE: It's PIZZA FRIDAY!!
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:24:11 -0700

I'm more of an out-to-lunch-on-Friday kinda gal, myself, John. But I'm
*really* glad you're enjoying your new job. When you can end the work week
saying "life is good," then life is definitely good. (And not to burst your
bubble, but new contractor says we're the lunchiest bunch she's ever seen.
We just stopped a three-month stretch of company lunches-in to finish a
major project, so now they only order in for the twice-a-week lunch&learns,
the management training class conducted by the local junior college (free),
and a couple of lunchtime meetings.<g>)

I got my raise and my review this week. "Everyone in the company has noticed
the tremendous improvement in the documentation since you took over!" (I
love it!) I also got a new employee today -- a graphic artist/user interface
designer transferred to me from engineering. And we have our (the company's)
very first UI design meeting with the lead dev and product manager on
Monday! w00t! (as they say) Life is *d -at- mn* good! <bseg>

And as to the "my benefits can beat up your benefits" thread:
Flavia coffee machines -- cappuccino, latte, milky way mocha???
Lunch whenever
Onsite management classes (for cert, from the local JC, free -- with lunch!)
No particular dress code at all
4 lane lap pool & sand volley ball court in the complex (and showers)
IPTVs, PSPs, & XBOXes for testing video downloads
Top of the line video-enabled cell phone (company account) the better to
show off the product with (a DRM web service -- I said no, I didn't need
another cell phone)
View of the Pacific from my cube window

...and an 8-mile commute that goes nowhere near a freeway! Yup. Life is
good, John. You got that straight. <G>

-Sue Gallagher