Frame's graphics "tool" - solution

Subject: Frame's graphics "tool" - solution
From: obair <obair81 -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:13:33 -0700

I earlier posted a note saying line callouts added to a jpg in frame did not show up in the html conversion. Several people responded. Thank you.

I was able to solve the problem by asking my IT person for visio. Visio allowed me to do everything:
- Import the product image jpg into visio
- easily put white space on either side of the image using a box behind the image
- draw arrows pointing from the side white spaces to different parts of the image (and control all aspects of the arrows)
- add text as needed to the white space
- save the file to the format of my choice
- import into frame

And if I need to later, I can update the product image in visio by replacing it with a new one, since visio keeps the product image separate from the arrows and such.

I appreciate all the helpful suggestions. I tried most of them, including the visio one, which turned out to be best for me.

On to the next crisis...

best,
Paul