RE: TOP THAT: Antique Email

Subject: RE: TOP THAT: Antique Email
From: "Eric Thomas" <ethomas -at- ftdi -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:30:32 -0500

My first computer: a Radio Shack TRS-80 Mod I (4k of memory). It had a
cassette drive initially, but dad upgraded to a floppy drive when it became
available. He also bought an expansion interface for it, which was
approximately the size of a VCR and added a whopping 4k of additional
memory. I think my analog watch has more memory than that computer did.

I'll always have a fond memory of Adventure on the TRS-80, though. I somehow
think my love of language comes from fighting to express commands in two
words or less.

You see a fierce green dragon.
> kill dragon
With what? Your bare hands?
> yes
Congratulations. You have just killed a dragon with your bare hands.