RE: Readability - CD/web site

Subject: RE: Readability - CD/web site
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 09:23:16 -0500

I'd say that when I happen on to a website with that white text on black
background thing, I say to myself 'let's get outta here as soon as
possible'. Trying to interpret info that is in that format tends to give me
a headache.
As to why anyone would design info in such a way: I would guess that
people who do that are much enamored of computer technology (and who isn't)
and also want to emulate the reverse type and sculpted typography that you
can see on real-world products such as brand and product names. That kind of
design belongs to and works well in that world. But it's not for the PC and
Internet world. When I see a small shiny plastic object in my home I expect
to see, occasionally, a logo or a product name, etc. But when I surf the
Web, I don't like to happen upon a website that attempts to chisel and
sculpt info into my skull. Jim Jones http://www.tinyurl.com/4arjc