RE: In order to - and localization?

Subject: RE: In order to - and localization?
From: "Paul Farley" <paul -at- farleytech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:46:15 -0700

I think the order should be dictated by the intent of the documentation.

When I describe features in a software application, for example, I list each
feature followed by an explanation of what said feature does. For example:
Select Help, then About to display version information.

When I'm describing tasks, I prefer to describe the task (as Joe points
out): To display version information, select Help, then About.

Paul

673 Silver Lake Drive
Danville CA 94526
925.735.8771 voice