RE: In order to - and localization?

Subject: RE: In order to - and localization?
From: "Damien Braniff" <Damien -dot- Braniff -at- asg -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:08:53 +0100

It's been a few years since I've been involved in translation but when I
was the ideal was to build up a relationship with the translator
familiar with the material (software, electronics etc) if at all
possible. The feedback I got was the usual stuff - avoid colloquialisms
etc. As long as the MEANING was clear I could leave it to the translator
- if how I'd written it wasn't the 'standard' for the target language
then they'd change it and flag it for me. Anything that wasn't totally
clear, they asked for clarification.

Damien

Damien Braniff
Sr. Technical Writer