Re: "Center of Excellence"

Subject: Re: "Center of Excellence"
From: Jacki Fitzpatrick <jacki -dot- fitzpatrick -at- yale -dot- edu>
To: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:00:56 -0400

Bonnie Granat wrote:

"Center of Excellence" is a term that seems to have originated in the
academic community. Does anyone know the origin of the term?

I don't have the chance to research this, but I work at Yale-New Haven Hospital, which is a Center of Excellence for Pain Management, among other things. We have many doctors of national prominence working on ways to treat pain and collaborating with each other. (I'm the secretary for one of them.)

Jacki