RE: Working Remotely (was: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting)

Subject: RE: Working Remotely (was: White Paper Editing & Standards Setting)
From: <j-m -at- creativeoptions -dot- com>
To: "'James Jones'" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:35:37 -0500

Amen!

It's easy to get sloppy with personal data (credit cards and otherwise).
There's no excuse at any level of the food chain. Personally, I think there
are way too many corners being cut at all levels, not just clerks.

I just wonder how many in our own industry are finally going to wake up and
re-evaluate their policies and procedures. And, how many of us are going to
think twice about what's being done with our personal information. But
again, I come back to the same question I had originally, is this likely to
curtail potential remote contracts for technical writers? If so, I'd better
adjust my job search, or apply for SSI, in a hurry.

Joan-Marie Moss
Joan-Marie Moss & Associates, Ltd
405 S. Home #201, Oak Park IL 60302
http://www.CreativeOptions.com