RE: New Software Recommendations/Ideas

Subject: RE: New Software Recommendations/Ideas
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "Hill, Leo" <Leo -dot- Hill -at- kci1 -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:36:06 -0700

I don't think this is a question of abandoning Frame for CS2.

The key document part of CS2 is InDesign. It, like every other tool, has
both advantages and disadvantages. The consensus is that it's not
suitable for large document production. I think that Adobe is pushing
Frame for large documentation projects that want to use XML/multiple
presentation formats/reusability. InDesign provides more design-related
features, and might be useful in conjunction with Frame. You could
design documents in InDesign and then move those design decisions into
Frame if you need to.

Everything I have heard from Adobe, both above and under the table, says
that Frame is here to stay. It's more likely that it would be "replaced"
by a competitor's product that does a better job of handling structured
documentation.

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.