RE: Quick Poll - Release Notes

Subject: RE: Quick Poll - Release Notes
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:08:14 -0500

> Quick poll for everyone! Who decides which changes to document in
> release notes?
>
> a. You or other tech writer in your supervisory chain, based on
> discretion and product knowledge
> b. A non-tech writing superior somewhere in your supervisory chain
> c. Project manager or internal change sponsor
> d. Other, please indicate ____________________
>

> Tell us too, please, whether the document/do not document decision is
> built into your change management system. For example, is there a
> checkbox or similar field in your change request software
> that serves as
> your indicator?

Usually C.

The document/do not document decision is usually made before something
even gets to the TechPubs group. If the person handling a release
something needs something documented, they go through a request process
to have us do it. On rare occasions, we may figure out before a request
comes in that something needs to be done and initiate the process
ourselves.

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.