Re: Quick Poll - Release Notes

Subject: Re: Quick Poll - Release Notes
From: wanda <wanda -dot- jane -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Techwr-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:40:15 -0700

For question 1:
The team responsible for the product release determine which issues are captured in the release notes. We have a procedure in place for evaluating issues and, generally, we include only issues that present a regulatory problem. There are other aspects to the evaluation, but the primary concern is can somebody safely use the equipment without being informed of this particular problem?
For question 2:
We then include a note in our issue tracking software that indicates the issue has been documented in release notes (and part of our process includes reviewing the existing list of issues in release notes and removing those that are not current). We also maintain an issue in the database that lists the issues that are to be included in the release notes. That ensures that the list is verified against the release notes.
Wanda

--
Let us overthrow the totems, break the taboos. Or better, let us consider them cancelled. Coldly, let us be intelligent.
Pierre Trudeau