Re: batch printing jpg files

Subject: Re: batch printing jpg files
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:40:37 -0400

Lisa M. Bronson wrote:

Good morning!

We have a CD for each machine model we build that has sequence photos
to help the folks in assembly. The CD contains folders for different
areas of the machine, and inside each folder is one or more jpg files.
We'd like to find a quick way to print all the jpg's on a CD.

Does anyone know of a way to batch print all of these jpgs without
having to open each one individually?

If there is a home page on the CD with links to pages of images, start there. If not, create one. You could write a script-based page of some type that looks at the CD filesystem and spits out html pages based on the directory structure it finds.

Then open the home page (existing or generated) in Acrobat, setting it to retrieve the "entire site." That will put all the images onto pages of a PDF, which you can then print. It may take some tweaking, but once it's working, it should work for all of your CDs.

Dick
http://ampersandvirgule.blogspot.com/