Re: Online Help

Subject: Re: Online Help
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:04:55 -0400

Bill...I agree with you. However, for the exception that proves the
rule, one of my EMC sistem companies in Santa Clara, has a
requisition out for a tools support person; a technical writer who's
primary job is not to write stuff, but to support the other writers
with their tech writer tools.

I know you saw the position advertised on HATT, but just so others on
this list know that nothing is black and white.

The nature of one's position has no bearing on what tools they should
use to produce Help. Or are you arguing that becuase it's a dedicated
position then it's OK to add the overhead of a convoluted Help
solution?

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter