RE: SharePoint administration

Subject: RE: SharePoint administration
From: "Mary Martino" <MMartino -at- qrm -dot- com>
To: "Claire Conant" <Claire -dot- Conant -at- Digeo -dot- com>, "List,Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:11:32 -0500

Claire,

Hello. I work for a small company, well, about 150 people, and we
started rolling out Sharepoint about 3 months ago. I walked over to our
"Sharepoint Administrator's office and asked your questions. His
answers are below:

* Do you have a dedicated SharePoint administrator? Yes. Although
our IT group does low-level security and troubleshooting when the server
goes down.
* If so, what responsibilities and tasks does that person perform
related to SharePoint? Requirements gathering, designs our sites, sets
up permissions and performs custom development (e.g., functionality that
we want that doesn't come "out of the box."
* What are the qualifications they would need to fully assume the
role? A Windows administrator.
* Does this person do other work in addition to administering
SharePoint? No.
* How much of their time is spent administering SharePoint? 100%

If you want more information, please feel free to write to me directly
at mmartino -at- qrm -dot- com and I can get more information for you.

Thanks,
Mary Martino
Documentation Manager
QRM