RE: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: RE: Reviewers who don't review
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "'Gene Kim-Eng'" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "'Siliconwriter'" <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:00:49 -0400

Of course you cannot ensure people won't behave outrageously. That's not the
point really.

I think agreeing to the person's terms is not a good idea. The writer is
kept from productive work and babysitting someone who should be able to
perform his job without supervision.

Perhaps if his job performance requirements included, in writing, the
accuracy of the documentation, he would pay some attention. It is *his* job
that needs to performed right, and if I am the technical writer's manager, I
do *not* want her babysitting a grown man who needs to be financially
motivated to perform his job.

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com