Re: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: Re: Reviewers who don't review
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: Jessica Weissman <Jessica -dot- Weissman -at- hillcrestlabs -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:45:19 -0400

We hit a recalcitrant SME reviewer with a review copy that
contained the line, "In case of difficulties, call [SME name]
at [his genuine home and work phone numbers] any time, day
or night."

I guess someone pointed it out to him, because he stormed up
to the writer and said, "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LET IT GO OUT
LIKE THAT?" Writer calmly replied, "Not if you get us the
info that's supposed to be there."

We all giggled about that victory for weeks.

Jessica Weissman wrote:

I've used a box of toys from Archie McPhee to reward the developers for
answering my questions. It worked amazingly well, and by the time they
had all the Archie McPhee stuff they wanted, they were in the habit of
helping me out.