RE: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: RE: Reviewers who don't review
From: "tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com" <tom -dot- green -at- iwon -dot- com>
To: siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:09:32 -0400 (EDT)

You could do what someone I know from several years ago did, although I don't recommend it because what happened to him, could happen to you.

He was tired of all the reviewers just signing off on his docs without reading them, so de decided to embed a bizarre statement deep in the docs to see who catches it. The statement read something like, "If such-and-such doesn't work, call (his office number) and get your secret (name of company) decoder ring."

Well, no one caught it, and worst of all, he forgot it was there.

A few months later, a kid from Indiana called and wanted his "secret decoder ring." DOOH!