RE: Crazy situation: Customer responsible for translation

Subject: RE: Crazy situation: Customer responsible for translation
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:50:10 -0500

Trina,

Will your company's name remain on the translated manuals? Is the
customer going to sign an agreement that they will assume responsibility
for any errors in the translated content and any problems that result?
If your company doesn't have a legal department, they would probably do
well to consult with an attorney to find out what they could be liable
for.

If you provide an unlocked PDF, most places should be able to extract
what they need. The results aren't usually pretty and need a lot of
cleanup, but I guess your company won't have to worry about that since
they aren't footing the bill.

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic. We translate our quick reference guide
into 27 languages with more to come. Many of the languages are required
to be allowed to ship products into the EU. My first thought is "How
cheap of your company to stick the customer with the bill."

Donna

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.