ADMIN Re: Anonymous posts

Subject: ADMIN Re: Anonymous posts
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "Mike Starr" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:35:19 -0500

I sent this to a member off-list yesterday, so I'll post it in
response to your question, Mike.

The post that got me was the one where anon was called cowardly, the
poster was said to have complicity, and both were unprofessional.
There is no reason for a TECHWR-L member to be put in that
position--that's one of the things I'm here for. Also, I can suggest
edits ("Did you contact MadCap's customer service? It would be wise to
do that/mention that.") or refuse to post an anonymous message if I
feel it's inappropriate.

I hope that answers your question. If not, let me know--off-list.

Warm regards,
Lisa B.

On 8/11/06, Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com> wrote:

<aside to Lisa>

I realize that the option of posting anonymously through the listowner has
been around for a number of years but this is the first time I've heard that
it was REQUIRED for anonymous posts to be delivered through that mechanism.
I wonder if you'd expand on your reasoning for making it a requirement.

</aside to Lisa>