Re: Are .bmp files really that bad?

Subject: Re: Are .bmp files really that bad?
From: "Brian Gilbert" <BGILBER -at- transunion -dot- com>
To: "Carrie Baker" <carriebak -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:30:37 -0500

bmp files are larger than several other formats. This isn't as much of
a problem with Word (Word does something with .bmps to reduce the file
size...insert a 920 KB BMP into a Word file and the Word file only grows
57 KB). However, I don't know if the same is true with Framemaker. If
not, you may want to consider converting the graphics if the file
contains a lot of graphics, if the file will be posted on the Web,
and/or if the file will be attached to an email.

Brian

>>> "Bryan Sherman" <bsherm -at- gmail -dot- com> 8/31/2006 9:54:14 AM >>>

The only issue I can think of is file size. BMP files are considerably
larger than PNG or GIF. May not be worht the effort if you have
enough disk apce.

Bryan

On 8/31/06, Carrie Baker <carriebak -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> But is .bmp that bad?
> Is there any reason that I should convert the .bmp files I have now
> .png (will it affect the project, or PDF in anyway?) or should I
> leave them as they are?
> thanks
> --
> Carrie Baker
> carriebak -at- gmail -dot- com

format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient
content

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular
Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as bgilber -at- transunion -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/bgilber%40transunion.com