RE: fonts in imported graphic look bizarre

Subject: RE: fonts in imported graphic look bizarre
From: Keri Morgret <kerilists -at- morgret -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:29:13 -0700

I've also had problems with putting Visio diagrams into MS Publisher (yes, I know InDesign is the best way to do it, but the companies I worked with didn't have the budget for InDesign). I learned the hard way to look at the hard copy of the proof to make sure everything came out OK. Lots of problems with network clouds, and the guy at the copy shop thought they were SUPPOSED to look that weird. I think I ended up doing WMFs, but I can't remember for sure.

So, anyone that has to put diagrams into Publisher, take note of this as well.

Keri Morgret

Here's my short version: Visio's EMF export sucks, so don't use it. And
for God's sake, don't use JPEG -- that's a raster format, and a lossy
one to boot, suitable only for photos. Visio's WMFs (Windows Metafiles)
are pretty decent, if you don't care about cross-platform portability.