RE: Definition of Technical Writer

Subject: RE: Definition of Technical Writer
From: "Dubin, David" <David -dot- Dubin -at- sage -dot- com>
To: "Ronald Schwarz" <RSchwarz -at- cosmocom -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:06:27 -0000

My personal favorite definition is a writer who is able to understand
the base technology and, using that knowledge, can anticipate the
audience's knowledge transfer needs by organizing the information into
clear, concise, and logical topics that enable the audience to easily
find that knowledge and apply it to a functional or business process
related need.

David B. Dubin
Senior Curriculum Developer
Sage Software