Re: Hiring Discrimination

Subject: Re: Hiring Discrimination
From: Jim Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:39:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Sep 26, 2006, at 10:38 AM, Jim Barrow wrote:

> As a matter of fact, the hiring manager could even ask the
> applicant if she thought that starting a family would interfere
> with the completion of the tasks involved with the position.

On 2006/10/02 Mon AM 01:55:58 CDT, Sarah wrote:

Dunno where you're writing from, bub, but I would LOVE to be the
lawyer whose client got asked that question. Here in California,
that's grounds for a lawsuit.

I'm writing from the heart of Los Angeles, bubette, and the question above - in the situation I described - can be asked. The person being asked can file a lawsuit if they wanted to, but it would have little chance of winning. People are lawsuit happy, especially in California.

You should go back and read some of my archived posts so that you understand the full context of what I wrote.

Jim