Re: Hard to Revise a UI?

Subject: Re: Hard to Revise a UI?
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:38:22 -0400

Nancy Allison wrote:

A final question. Is it really burdensome to change the wording in a UI?

Depends how the UI is implemented. If the architect thought ahead to the eventual need for internationalization of the product, then UI text should all be in an external object of a type that you should be able to edit yourself. If there was no architect and the product is one huge mass of spaghetti code, well, it's harder. But in those situations I've found that standing over the developer's shoulder with my marked up screen prints in hand, I've generally been able to work through the important changes without too much resistance.