Madcap Flare: TOC fonts become dingbats?

Subject: Madcap Flare: TOC fonts become dingbats?
From: "Rowena Hart" <RHart -at- ACDSystems -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:55:24 -0800

Hi folks,

This is a question for any intrepid Madcap Flare users on the list.

I imported one of a traditional Chinese RoboHelp project into Flare and
generated an HTML Help file (aka CHM). The fonts in the TOC displayed as
dingbats instead of Chinese script. This is curious because the source
file (HHC) displays the correct Chinese script. Even curiouser is that
the TOC displays the correct Chinese script if I compile the help with
HTML Help Workshop instead of Flare.

Have any of you experienced this problem? What is causing it? (I suspect
the skin is causing it, but Madcap has supplied only minimal
documentation about skins and absolutely no documentation about
multilingual skins.) How can I get Flare to generate a TOC that uses the
correct Chinese script?

Cheers,

Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
ACD Systems

T 250.544.6700 x 6784
F 250.544.0291
www.acdsee.com <http://www.acdsee.com/>

This message and any attachments are confidential, privileged or
proprietary in nature, for the use
of the intended recipient only, your receipt is not a waiver and does
not grant any rights. If you are
not the intended recipient any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited; please delete it and notify the sender immediately.