Re: "Linux is now not supported"

Subject: Re: "Linux is now not supported"
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:44:34 -0800

My head is still spinning from reading points 1-3, so I'm going to
jump to 4 and give you my take on it...

I say unless you are unemployed and in an "any port in a storm"
frame of mind, give them the truth of the matter. Their reaction
will tell you if they think the way you do and you want the job, or
if they expect you to dance at the end of a string like a trout with
a hook in its lip, in which case who cares if they make you an
offer or not?

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>

4. My provincial reading of the between-the-lines context of this question, and this has been brought out by so many management-inspired answers to date, is if you want the job, read the interviewer and give a beauty queen's answer. If you don't want the job, give them the truth of the matter.