Re: Even One More Recruiter Question

Subject: Re: Even One More Recruiter Question
From: "Vincent Wright" <vmwusa_2000 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:33:30 -0500

On 11/20/06, James Barrow <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net> wrote:
<snip>

*cricket* *cricket*
<snip>

Hi, James,
I thought of responding to your earlier post on Recruiters but since
your "*cricket* *cricket*" was the funniest thing I've heard in an
otherwise very serious day, I figured I'd "chirp in" on this one! :-)

I earn my living mostly as a Recruiter. (Don't be afraid: I no longer
recruit Tech Writers! :-))

I LOVE recruiting! Always have. Always will.

Blame it on a genetic defect or something but, even after 19 years of
experience, I still get a great buzz out of recruiting. Through
recruiting, I've met a huge number of outstanding people. And ALL of
my best friends are people I've met either through recruiting them or
recruiting FOR them. (I've learned a lot from them, too!)

Interestingly, to get into the profession I love so much, I went
through a process that few others would probably accept for
themselves.

During the interview process for my very first job as a Corporate
Recruiter, I went through 12 interviews with 12 different Recruiters
spread out over a TWELVE WEEK period of time! - I really wanted that
job! :-) (Unfortunately, after working there only 2 years, I
discovered that my immediate supervisor knew very little about human
beings so, I left to start my own little recruiting enterprise.)

Best wishes to you in your job search, James.
--
Thanks!
Vincent Wright