Re: problem with tables in MS word when appyling two column format to only part of the page

Subject: Re: problem with tables in MS word when appyling two column format to only part of the page
From: hls_ut -at- comcast -dot- net
To: T K <tvk_tw -at- yahoo -dot- ie>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, techcomm -at- user -dot- itconsult -dot- co -dot- uk
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 03:06:26 +0000

Tom

I would not use the column feature at all for this. I would instead
set up a table that duplicates the columns, with a spacing
column in the middle.

Say your table has three columns. Set up a table with seven columns,
with the one in the middle as a narrow column for spacing. Copy your
three column headers over to the last three columns.

For borders, I first make all the table borders blank. Then I select the first three
columns and apply my favorite inner and outer borders; select the last three
columns and repeat.

--
---------------hls_ut -at- comcast -dot- net

From: T K <tvk_tw -at- yahoo -dot- ie>