RE: This is a test

Subject: RE: This is a test
From: "James Barrow" <vrfour -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:21:34 -0800

>Al Geist wrote:
>
>You guys really need to go WAYYYY back to my original post whereby I said
>that making fun of Indians was in poor taste.

Okay, so the first thing we have to do is make sure that we know what the
original statement was: "A 'central reservation' here is a place where
American Indians go to play bingo".

>...if you have to make fun of an ethic group in order to "get a laugh,"
>then that is a form of racism.

Okay, so we must show that the above statement does not make fun of an
ethnic group; in this case, American Indians. So let's look at each part of
the statement. We have to show that American Indians play bingo:

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/sjrnl/79r/html/sj05-24-fa.htm

According to Senators Shapleigh and Nelson, the Tigua Indians of Texas and
the Coushattas tribe of Alabama do indeed play bingo.

Okay, next we have to show that American Indians reside in, occupy or visit
central reservations.

http://tradecorridor.com/rosebud/rosebud.htm

The Rosebud Sioux Tribal members of the Sicangu Oyate of the Tetonwan
Division of the great Sioux Nation, claim their central reservation, their
Tribal homelands in South.

>Steve Martin never made fun of ethic groups, yet, he is considered one of
>America's finest humorist.

"Bringing Down the House" (2003): "Though the cast [w/Steve Martin] shines,
they can't save this comedy, which is overly contrived and filled with
outdated and offensive racial jokes".

<http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bringing_down_the_house/photos.php>

Thanks for playing,

Jim