Re: Arrrghgh English

Subject: Re: Arrrghgh English
From: "Bryan Sherman" <bsherm -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:31:54 -0500

Swingline is a manufacturer of staplers. Red Swingline is a reference to the
movie Office Space.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/

Here is a quote referencing the swingline:

*Milton Waddams <http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0740535/>*: [*talking on the
phone*] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told,
I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm
quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved
my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window,
and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they
switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline
stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the
Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then
I'll set the building on fire...

It is a very funny movie, very dry humor. SOme people like, others not so
much.

Bryan

On 12/8/06, Edgar D' Souza <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Who is watching his authoring program freeze up for the third time this
> morning with growing frustration, and will be saying Aaaarrrrrgh! a lot
> this morning, thus ensuring my complete isolation today and the safety
> of my red Swingline.

Swingline? Aw, heck! Another noun I don't know about. I think I better
not ask, this time, though... :-\
My sympathies go out to you over the freezing program, though. That is
emphatically un-funny.