Colons and Cross References

Subject: Colons and Cross References
From: "Shannon Wade" <swade -at- daktronics -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:11:55 -0600

I posted this yesterday:

I am using Microsoft Word 2000 (we are switching over to 2003 soon, but
not soon enough) and I am having a problem inserting a cross reference
into my document. Our manuals are divided up into sections and
sub-sections. What I would like to do is insert a cross reference for an
entire section as a hyperlink so that a person reading an electronic
copy of the document can click and be taken to that section of the
document. When I insert the cross reference, there is always a colon
included. I can delete the colon and save the document without incident.
However, once I click to print, the hyperlinks revert to their original
state. Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks to all who have offered their advice. Unfortunately, none of it
has worked yet. Keep the ideas coming!!

Thanks,

Shannon